Hi guys! Coming at you with an easy quick Monday dinner that we just had.. so I am currently very full but also very excited to share this easy meal with you! Tonight, we had a lot of wedding planning, financials, and all that jazz to go over so it was so nice to have a YUMMY meal that didn’t take all day to cook. I made some TBLTs (Turkey Bacon Lettuce & Tomato) with some homemade Mac N Cheese with stewed Tomatoes! MMMM!
So I will first start with the stewed tomatoes because this was the easiest.. I normally make these homemade but today I went with the canned stewed tomatoes and spiced it up (just a tad). I warmed the tomatoes on the oven and then once bubbling hot – I threw in a tablespoon of flour to get a thicker consistency. After that, I then added a teaspoon of sugar just to get a sweeter taste… this was by far the easiest part of the whole dish (because I used a can…) But ok… next with my homemade Mac N Cheese recipe! I love experimenting with different cheeses so I never have the same outcome everytime. So here we go with this easy recipe…
- 1 box of elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups of Milk (I used whole)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 block (OR MORE) of cheddar cheese – Today, I used a block of sharp Cheddar and a half block of Pepper Jack with a handful of shredded Mozzerella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box
- Heat Milk in microwave for a minute or so – it needs to be warm!
- Melt butter over the oven. Once melted slowly put flour into the melted butter (WHISKING) so it creates a RUE.
- Once the rue is a smooth consistency, then slowly pour in your warm milk continuing to whisk it while pouring.
- After that is starting to look fully mixed, add in all your cheese and allow it to melt while whisking.
- Once pasta is cooked, dump into a 9×13 greased pan (I used non-stick spray)
- Then once all the cheese is melted – pour it over the pasta in the pan and then mix so all noodles are evenly covered.
- Then add salt & peper to taste to the top
- Then bake in over for 20 miutes!
After this cooked for 20 minutes, then I started my Turkey Bacon in the oven. I just lined a cookie sheet with tin foil then placed Bacon on top. I put the oven on broil and moved the rack to the top so the Bacon was closer for a nice CRUNCHY piece of Bacon. It really depends on your oven for how long you cook Bacon. Mine took about 8 minutes for it to turn crispy from the broil cooking method. I would recommend keeping the oven light on so you can keep an eye on it because cooking it this way could turn to pieecs of burnt Bacon quick!
I then just cut up some tomatoes and letuce to complete off my TBLT sandwiches… I used a beef tomato and some Romaine lettuce!
So that is all we had tonight for dinner. We ate in about ten minutes and my soon to be husband had two plates which always makes me feel good! I never know what to make on nights we have a lot to get done and feel bad not making dinner for him! Any other quick and easy dinner recipes you can send my way so I don’t always have to rely on a good old BLT?!
Thanks guys! Looking forward to sharing more recipes with you this week since I am going to be trying out some new things in our new kitchen